The guest this week is Laura Savino. Laura is a freelance iOS developer whose non-tech passions include foreign languages and teaching. We started talking about languages, how we learn them, and how kids books could help us there. We diverged toward public speaking and how you structure a talk. We finally touched on being on stage, playing music and how this relates to public speaking.
Note: Skype unfortunately had a couple hiccups during the call. I managed to edit most of them. Two moments had to remain as not to hinder the understanding though.
- Laura's homepage: savinola.com
- Laura is @savinola on twitter twitter.com/savinola
- App Camp for girls appcamp4girls.com/camps/2017/7/24/chicago-il
- Kathy Sierra's blog post "Presentation Skills Considered Barmful" seriouspony.com/blog/2013/10/4/pr…onsidered-harmful
- Katrina Owen's Talk "Mind the Gap" Talk at GopherCon www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClPIeuL9HnI