Hey, thanks for showing up here. My name is Timothée, or simply Tim.
Born and raised in France 🇫🇷, after some time in the USA 🇺🇸, I settled in Germany 🇩🇪 with my wife & our three children.
I have more than 15 years of experience in the software industry. I have been leading people and technical teams since 2010 as a tech-lead, scrum master, coach, engineering manager, chief learning officer, international public speaker, mentor, and developer advocate. I have grown teams of engineers from 3 to 20 and 20 to 100. I strive when fostering cultures of exchange, respect, growth, and learning, both collocated and remote. My goal is to make others be their best! You are looking for someone to lead and coach people in a technical environment? Let's talk!
- I host the Software Developer's Journey Podcast, a weekly show bringing you the making-of stories of successful software developers to help you on your upcoming journey.
- I authored the SeeCFP.com service to curate tech-conference "Call for Papers" and send them out via a weekly newsletter.
- I am a mentor, a mentee, and a mentorship advocate. I created the Mentoring.Rocks free email course to help you grow as a mentor!
- I love to talk, teach and write. I love storytelling and narration. I love being on stage and have held 80+ talks and keynotes in the past 10 years. You can find a list of all of them, as well as testimonials and pictures, on my talks page. Head over to Speakerdeck.com for the slide decks.
- I have also published many articles in German magazines. Here is the whole list.
Podcasts I appeared on:
- DevTalks Show #49 talking about DevJourney and podcasting
- DevTalk Podcast #64 talking about DevJourney and podcasting
- Junior to Senior Podcast #12 talking about leadership and communication
- Scrum Master Toolbox Podcast: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 talking about Agile Coaching
- Scrum Master Toolbox Podcast as Summer Host (in French)
I'd love to be your next guest. Among other things, I love to speak about engineering leadership, communication, agility, iterative development, developer growth, career growth, the DevJourney podcast, and much more.
Feel free to use the following bio:
Timothée has been building synapses between human beings since 1983. As a passionate leader, software developer, coach, and mentor, he takes profound joy in stepping on toes and pushing people to think about their journeys. When the sun is up, he acts as the Chief Learning Officer for the MATHEMA GmbH company in Germany and spends as much time as he can with his wife and with [1;3] kids clutched on his back! But when the moon rises, he hosts the Software Developer's Journey podcast and collects life stories like others gather stamps or Pokemons.
Want to contact me?
Things I’m particularly interested in:
- 🗣️ Leadership & Mentorship
- 🎙️ Podcasting
- 🍫 100% dark chocolate
- 🥑 Ketosis
- Longform thoughts: tim at timbourguignon dot fr
- Shortform thoughts (most likely to get a quick reply): @timothep
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer’s view in any way. The content of this site is placed under the "Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)" license. Here's the Impressum for this site.